Thursday, March 29, 2018

First Huel


I received my first order a couple days ago, with the plan of replacing one meal per day, and this is what I think...A single meal includes about 24 fluid ounces or water, including the water I wash it down with to get the grit out of my throat. It's a large volume for me.I get acid reflux after eating a meal. I've seen two credible explanations: too much at once, and the sucralose.I'm going to try to solve both of these problems when my second batch arrives with unflavored Huel. I'm going to mix the unflavored and the vanilla, which will dilute the sucralose, and I'm going to eat each meal divided in two servings.The flavor and texture isn't unfamiliar to me. I've been making my own vanilla-flavored, oat-based porridge for more than a year. I'm going to continue to do so, because Huel does not have the mix of fats I'm after and it has as much flax as I want in my diet in a single meal. Huel did give me the idea of using desiccated coconut in my recipe rather than coconut oil, and I think that will make things a little easier.The Huel is gassier than my recipe, maybe because the Huel isn't heated to cook the oats. I'm wondering if letting it sit once mixed with water will help.I need to resolve the acid reflux. It's a job-stopper. via /r/Huel https://ift.tt/2pNhwvf

No comments:

Post a Comment