Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Long overdue awakening


I save documentaries from r/documentaries to watch when I cannot sleep, and last night after a stressful meeting that started at 3 p.m. at work, I found myself unable to sleep and clicked on one of the documentaries I'd saved. It began extolling the benefits of plant-based eating, but then after awhile segued into the cruelty of the industrial food system. Of course I had known about some of these atrocities, but had always turned away from watching video documenting them. For some reason last night I neither turned away nor turned off the video. I actually cried, realizing my selfishness all of these years of eating meat, chicken, eggs, and dairy. Tonight I subscribed here and to r/vegetarian. My goal is veganism, but I need all of the information I can get at this point. I see lots of getting started information here already, and over the years have accumulated some vegan recipes that I cooked when vegan friends came over, so I'm not completely clueless, but I still have a lot to learn. via /r/vegan https://ift.tt/2pNmSpg

No comments:

Post a Comment