Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Did I just royally mess up?


I’m making this recipe for Slow Cooker Belgian Chicken Booya and at the advice of some of the reviews, I used frozen veggies instead of canned to reduce salt. I also used frozen chicken that I thawed before cutting and adding to the crock pot, but it still had some very cold bits not fully thawed (not frozen solid, but still felt chilled like ice water).The recipe says to cook on low for 6 hours. It’s been two hours and I just checked on it. The meat doesn’t look like it’s started cooking at all. I know not to put fully frozen meat in the crock pot, but didn’t even think about the veggies. So I googled it and it says you have to thaw frozen veggies before adding otherwise it keeps the crockpot at an unsafe temperature for too long.I’m 9 months pregnant and can’t risk food poisoning. Did I just royally screw up and have to throw everything away? I’m so disappointed. via /r/slowcooking https://ift.tt/2I6hipf

No comments:

Post a Comment