Wednesday, June 20, 2018

This is important: Mix curcumin powder in with your topical steroid creams.


Obviously, this isn't medical advice, since I can't give that. However, my experience was way too important not to share. So here it is.The curcumin uses the cream's transports to get through the skin. My stubborn, long term psoriasis showed improvement overnight. I've been doing this for six days now, and about 25% of the long term spots on my elbows are no longer red. Yes. I'm not kidding. When my wife saw me after the first day, she said, 'wow'. Then, when she started doing it to the ones she helps me with on my back, and the next day, she said 'wow' again.On day two, I said fuck it, and experimented with adding it to the desonide I'm using on my genital psoriasis. I was afraid it would chafe, but, like my arms, the sores vanished overnight. It had previously been painful to roll back my foreskin for treatment, and there were several bright and ugly sores, along with inflammation at the head, and down the front. It's such a healthy color now, I can imagine having sex again. I'm not kidding. It's not better, but I'm not kidding. The red spots are gone. The only real problem areas are the spots that I hadn't been treating as well, because they are hard to see/reach.I'm still having trouble with the spots on my thighs, which are probably an opportunistic infection, that I can't seem shake with anything. They do look much better, however - much better, and it's only been four days. I've been applying clobetasol for months now (under my dermatologist instruction, obviously). I just don't want to give you the impression that all my spots everywhere are beginning to disappear: just that some of my spots are beginning to disappear. That's crazy enough, isn't it? :)(And yes, there are new ones. :( Always punished when I feel bad. But whatever. Try this - seriously, just try it. Post back here and tell my how much better you are.)Moreover, the ones in places I can't treat with bright yellow staining powder - my scalp, my neck, my upper chest, my face - are all as the same as ever. And my arthritis is worse. So, it's not some other systemic change or treatment or whatever.Please, don't believe me: you have to try this yourself. It might not work for everyone. Start with just one spot, who knows, it might not agree with you for some reason.What I've been doing.I take 95% curcumin in mix it with whatever medication I'm applying. I apply it with a cotton bud, and try to massage all the curcumin paste in, rather than letting it sit on the surface. I don't apply any more cream than usual.There's an article on nih about a Japanese(?) research lab applying it as a gel, and claiming to get comparable results to clobetasol. Look it up, or I'll post it later. I'd been looking up a lot of stuff of circumin, I'll link it.I figured all that the gel (they describe the recipe in the article) was providing was a transport medium (ie - something to get the skin to absorb the foreign substance). When I couldn't find anything appropriate to buy online, I realized that I already had tubes of transport medium.(DMSO is no good for the skin - pulls the medication subdurally. I've ordered some, to use on my arthritis. Obviously, this is a vastly stupider idea, and one I'm not going to approach until I've talked to my Dermatologist and Rheumatologists about what the fuck is going on, and why haven't they been showering me with curcumin from day one.)After seeing what it did to my skin, I started making sure I took it orally as well. I'm up to 3 grams a day now, plus pepper, and will be adding broccoli sprouts tomorrow.EDIT: I just looked at my legs for tonight's application. They're clearing up. OMG. This was so unexpectedly successful. WTF. via /r/Psoriasis https://ift.tt/2JRhQ8n

No comments:

Post a Comment