Tuesday, June 19, 2018

What does your daily devotional time look like?


I'm a 24 year old male with a wife and two children (3 year old and 1 year old).I have a really good job making great money with outstanding benefits, but the problem is I work every day of the week from 12am to 8am and sometimes I work a little extra because we are saving for a home so most weeks I average about 60 hours.As you can imagine you throw two children into the mix and a family that tries to be active and we have a recipe for spiritual disaster (not literally, by God's grace). We are also wanting to have/aropt a third in few years.There was a time when I used every second of free time diving into the word and communing with God. I'm talking probably an hour solid and then every free minute here and there throughout the day searching things on my phone and stuff. The problem is this method wasn't sustainable as we had our second child and started doing much more with them.Now I'm lucky to spend a solid 15-20 minutes in the word and pray about once a day as well. It's discouraging to know that I used to be able to seek the Lord more in this way and I keep telling myself as my children get older it will get easier.Also, the time my wife and I spend devotionaly has suffered a lot as well.My Questions in light of this:How much time do you spend in scripture per day on average?How often do you go to a legitimate private place to pray, whether it's for just a few minutes or longer? By private I just mean nobody can hear or see you, could be outside or in your car.For those who work long hours and/or have small children, how do you know you're doing enough without getting too "legalistic" about this?For those of you who are already on the other side of this season of life where you are always pressed for time, any advice or consolation?Tips, tricks, methods, systems to get yourself on track to consistently being devoted to Christ in any way? via /r/Reformed https://ift.tt/2tiWB40

No comments:

Post a Comment