Sunday, July 1, 2018

I think my mom picks fights before my birthday so she has an excuse not to be nice to me the day of.


On phone. Cant flair.I posted here a few days ago about how upset i was about my potential n mom hosting a house warming on my 18th birthday. So today was they day and neither my dad or mom uttered the words happy birthday. My sister even said it infront of her and she couldnt spit the words out. I felt so embarrassed.Out of the 60 guests that came only my one aunt knew it was my brithday and kindly brought me a gift. She asked what my parents got me and i still tried to defend their lack of getting me a gift. No one knew it was my birthday until desert came around. I didn't want to cut my cake because It was just so awkward. She wanted photos too but i just didn't want too. I wasnt even wearing something i wanted. I had on the dress she picked out that i think is ugly. Everyone sang happy birthday but they were so confused. My mom then went on to try and feed me a piece of cake. I said no but she death glared me so I took it from her hands instead.Its like every birthday since i was mayble 11 she gets upset with me a few days before so in her head she has a valid excuse not to be nice to me and never get me a gift eveb though they are toally well off. Do other n parents do this?I'm just really sad. I had to leave every time someone mentioned my birthday because I would begun to tear up. & I can't stop crying now. All i want is for them to love me and i dont think they ever will.PSA this is not about me being sad i didn't get gifts. I've learned to not expect that from them since I didnt didn't get one on my graduation or eid. I've learned that they don't have the mindset to think of something thoughtful. I didnt even expect a gift from my aunt since she got me a beautiful coach bag for my graduation. I really hope Im not coming off as spoiled. Especially since my mom called me selfish for forgetting to find a punch recipe for the party and for caring about my bday in general. via /r/raisedbynarcissists https://ift.tt/2u0zRX5

No comments:

Post a Comment