Wednesday, November 21, 2018

EASY YELLOW SQUASH BRUSCHETTA


Nothing makes me ready to say hello to summer produce like the belly-warming flavors of a beautifulyellow squash recipe. And not just any recipe, a slow-roasted yellow squash topped with creamy chèvre, toasted pine nuts, sweet Tarragon, and a drizzle of balsamic reduction on toasts.Finger foods and appetizers have always been my favorite of mine. Mostly because the preparation and eating procedures are full of style. I love that just by preparing this simple yellow squash recipe and making it into an appetizer, you now have a posh dish to serve for someone that pops over to say hi, a holiday party, or the food savant. Appetizers are just that special.Personally, I’ve always loved Bruschetta, but not everyone likes or can eat tomatoes. So, finding an alternative to such a tasty dish can be tricky. Rather than just replacing ingredients in the dish, I wanted to recreate the dish with the help of Divine Flavor, a Mexican family-run and grower-owned fruit and vegetable distribution company based out of Arizona.I basically knew the concept I had in mind, but knew it just wouldn’t be right if there was basil or mozzarella included. I went through a  list of about 20 ingredients before I knew what sounded right. My food critic mother gets the most patient award for this one! So nice to have a foodies in my family when I need opinions.I wanted something fresh and earthy. Have you ever cooked with Tarragon? Turns out Tarragon helps treat insomnia, improves digestive health, and “has the ability to fight certain bacteria.” It’s also a favorite ingredient among French chefs. But I had no idea just how well it would pair with yellow squash.​ via /r/u_Jordanjakhar12 https://ift.tt/2BnwwpS

No comments:

Post a Comment