Saturday, April 18, 2020

21 [T4M] Australia - Student nurse looking for prospective US LEOs/military men to chat and be friends with


Had some several successes in getting encouraging and pleasant responses, and so I'm slowly more encouraged to do this again.I'll be weirdly specific in that I'm looking for any US cops and/or military members serving (Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard... damn right I included the coast guard) to spend time forming a platonic correspondence or chat with. I really don't know why I'm looking for men in this particular field, but if anything that comes close to an answer, it's that I like the feeling of tending to the men when they get home from shift or a deployment, whether it'd be a typical or sordid day. I want to be your outlet of vulnerability... when the hyper masculine environment of policing or military rarely encouraged comfort and price paid to be vulnerable. There is little room to openly express how you feel as men.... you know you're drinking buddies aren't exactly hard-pressed to get into conversations.From Rota to Bagram, and at home from Pendleton to Lejeune. Wherever he may be, a man whom has a want in his heart for some refuge or brief respite of normalcy, expressing that through online messaging, or letters... whatever medium it may be. If lucky, he has that someone who understands his life.Vulnerability can be a heavy risk, especially for men in the military... for those who'd been a platoon leader, or in charge of a garrison, the safety of your men in your unit matters. Even then, any flinching to vulnerability can greatly matter in your men's confidence in you, their faith, respect. Losing that in your command can be everything. It is tempting to be in the mindset of being a razor... to casting aside fear, or hesitation when danger is near, forcing you have to change who you are as human. The choice does not have to be so. For professions that require professionalism and taught discipline... you rarely get to speak your thoughts off the record.Or it can just be feeling tired and restless at everything, whether to take off your police vest that smells like Nachos when you get home from a long shift or dreading the next Chinese field day in your barracks....or feeling near jilted in life from countless Jody/Becky's out there in search of a man's BAH/Tricare benefits that confers +1000 good looks in a man and that affordable, modest E-4 pay.You're drinking buddies will probably never get how tense, stressed or depressed you are. Maybe I can help. Or I can lend an ear.I won't tell you endless platitudes and recycled apathetic self-help advice to tell you to keep on trudging, or thanking you for your service like so many people. If anything I dislike, it's three things: bureaucracy, psychology and platitudes.A deep-rooted friendship I'm hoping we can form, save for some light-hearted flirtation. The chronic loneliness for some company hasn't waivered pre-quarantine and again I'd very much like someone to frequently talk to long-term, as my friendships leave a lot to be desired. Most people are either feeling starved during this time because of social isolation but there are some out there whom sentiment is no different even before COVID-19 hit. I am one of those people. Sometimes, I'd think about a hypothetical scenario in which if I go MIA and drop off the radar, I most likely wouldn't be noticed... until several weeks or months later. So, I'm taking my choice, and the shotgun approach to meet the people I wish to meet, of my own choosing and control... hoping to find some good company.About me: 6'1'', 100 kg, Asian-Australian, brown-haired with glasses, doing Nursing in my 2nd year (i.e. student nurse), looking to become a flight nurse (interest in ER, ICU, nursing at a VA hospital)Interests:Love learning new cooking recipes (especially vegan though I am not one)Listening to publicly broadcast police scanners (especially Chicago PD)Watching yt videos on US fwy signage (FreewayJim, FreewayKyle)Music: Outlaw country/country rock/classic rock/southern rock/Motown/Philadelphia sound/R&B/Blue-eyed soul/a bit of Irish-GaelicTV shows: Battlestar Galactica, LOST, COPS (especially S1), 12 Monkeys, Person of InterestYou:As a preference, you are non-married or partnered (don't want to create that unneeded drama)18-53Not starting your first message as a simple "Hey" or "Hey there" but the more you describe yourself about you, the better. Take your time if you want to answer in-depth. That'll be a bonus in my heart and earn my incentive to reply to you back.TLDR: Any police/US military men wanting a correspondence to be vulnerable and talk free about your day/shift, feel free to message. via /r/r4r https://ift.tt/3akZULm

No comments:

Post a Comment