Saturday, March 31, 2018

Hate boring water and addicted to juice? A surprising alternative for this tea hater


So, I love my drinks to taste like something. Water is nice but it’s just so... boring. But I hate tea. Gahh... why do good things have so many calories?! So unfair!Anyway, in my question for finding a way to please me, I’ve come across this recipe through trial and error and I actually prefer it to real juice! What is it? It’s tea. Right, I said I hated tea but, hear me out.Ingredients: - 2 bags of Ahmad Tea’s Wild Strawberry Tea. (By itself, it is boring ol’ tea. Not the greatest. So how do I make it taste better? See next ingredient.) - 1 lemon. (This is what gives it that juicy tang. Without this, the tea isn’t as good.) - 1 liter of waterCooking Instructions:-Starting boiling the water in a big pot. - While it’s boiling, I cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice out into the water. Then I toss the two halves into the water and let it boil with it until the very end. (Remove lemon stickers before tossing in.) - Once the water comes to a boil, I toss in the two bags of tea. I cut off the strings so just the tea bags are in there. I fish them out later. Otherwise, it’s a pain trying to keep the paper part out. - Boil for about 7-10 minutes. - After cooking is done, turn off the heat and take out the bags of tea bags (but you can keep the lemons in for a bit longer). We just want the tea to cool down. - Once it’s relatively cool enough to safely go into the fridge, put it in there and chill. (The cold helps give it that juicy bite too along with the lemons. ) - Enjoy!This has helped me a lot when trying to go for a low calorie option and less sugary option. I hope it helps others too! via /r/1200isplenty https://ift.tt/2GZ1B4l

No comments:

Post a Comment