Saturday, March 31, 2018

New traditions


This will be my last Memorial ever. Therefore it seems fitting to create a new tradition for myself, one to 'replace' that of my old JW way. In short, I'm gonna pull a Jesus.My new tradition will be every year on March 31, because counting time by the moon is obnoxious. I already have a name for it, but naming it publicly right now could compromise my ID- it's something with personal meaning that people who know me could be aware of.It will be a commemoration of an exodus, it will be a celebration of the future, and it will be a time to share with people who are truly close to me.Most importantly, it will be a lot more lighthearted than the bOrg's dour annual funeral ritual.And it will also probably involve wine and crackers, though the crackers will be way better than the fucking Memorial bread. Have you ever actually had that shit? I have, it's gross. It turns out making a weak unleavened flour-and-water paste and spreading it nickel thin on a baking sheet and then cooking it until it's brown and hard is a terrible recipe. Whatever member of the GB came up with that shit clearly never worked in the Bethel kitchen.Any of you guys have new traditions of your own? via /r/exjw https://ift.tt/2pSnZF3

No comments:

Post a Comment