Saturday, June 30, 2018

Smashed burger doesn’t stick to the skillet


I’ve been making Kenji’s smashed burger recipe on my cast iron skillet. The burgers are fine but there is one thing which keeps bothering me: the burgers don’t stick to the skillet at all. To put it another way, I don’t have to scrape them off the skillet.YouTube is many smash burger recipes and all of them have to scrape off the seared burger. I’ve some variations such as adding a bit of oil, not adding it, trying patties of different sizes, applying various amounts of force when smashing it, etc.I have a laser thermometer and the temp on my skillet is usually in the 400-450 F range. In a similar question here, Kenji answered that 600 degrees was acceptable. Is my temp just too low? I would have to wait a while for the temp to get that high.In that post Kenji also mentioned that he doesn’t add surface temps to his recipes due to different pan types. I think it will be very helpful to have a supplement to Kenji’s book which did include that info for two or three pan types (or the temp for the recommended pan type). It could be from Kenji or from experts in this subreddit :) via /r/seriouseats https://ift.tt/2KlHHp1

No comments:

Post a Comment