Sunday, July 1, 2018

My simplified homemade Oregeat recipe for National Mai Tai Day


I drink a lot of Mai Tais and those that properly Tiki know that store bought Orgeat is usually garbage, with the exception of Small Hands IMO. Soaking and mashing and straining is a royal PITA. Building off of other simplified DIY orgeat recipes, I have refined a SUPER simple recipe that is optimized for my Mai Tai drinks. The secret lies with the newer high quality almond milks at places like Whole Foods. Shelf stable and cheaper common almond milks do not cut it. See the photo of two that work well, the New Barn is by far the best I have tried. I would love to hear comments and criticisms!Orgeat Recipe5oz High quality unsweetened Almond Milk4oz (half cup) Superfine sugarHalf barspoon of Orange Blossom water1/4 barspoon of Rose WaterI whisk the superfine sugar into the almond milk, even cold it will dissolve no problem.I cannot overstate to go light on the floral waters, a wise Redditor one said to just dip the barspoon in the flower water and that is pretty accurate! Store sealed in the fridge, some separation is normal. I have used month old orgeat with no problems.Proper Almond Milk!End Result! via /r/cocktails https://ift.tt/2KkS64d

No comments:

Post a Comment