
I always told you it was your laugh I liked the most about you. It went high pitched in just the right places and made me want to squeeze you like a kid squeezes a stuffed animal. You never took pictures because you said you hated your face, but later told me I was helping with that. What I didn't tell you was that you made me smile so much, I stopped caring about hiding my crooked teeth. Now I can get lost in fantasizing of our wedding, and smile all I want.You said you loved how tall I was, but what I never told you was that I loved how short you were. I liked being over half a foot taller than you, cause I could pick you up and coddle you easy. I remember the day I first went over to your place, and you accidentally broke my guitar strings, only to buy me new ones on my birthday. I laughed and said it was okay, but you said you still felt guilty, so I kissed you on the cheek to reassure you.I remember you learned to play my favorite songs just because I said I liked them, and I teared up when you surprised me with them. I remember us both crying in that phone call where I told you I used to cut myself. I remember that being the first time I've cried since I was little. And I told you that and we both cried more because we were so happy that we could move past it all together.I remember us meeting up in the cold because your parents wouldn't let you see me. They didn't approve of their son liking another boy. They thought we were always having sex when we never even tried it because we just enjoyed each other's company too much. And you gave me that note on the park bench, and I remember most of it.It said "This has been the roughest time of my life. I've been sad, angry, and numb. But you've gotten me through it, and I can only hope to have helped you as much as you helped me. Happy fuckin birthday, you beautiful little bumpkin. Love, Charles."And we cuddled and I cried but I didn't let you see. It got too cold for us to be there so we stomped our heavy boots to the nearby coffee shop and just stared at each other before you had to leave. You got up, told me you loved me, and that was the last I heard of you. I sat at the coffee shop alone for over two hours thinking about how you're the one for me. I imagined waking up to sun shining through the window in the morning, reflecting off that beautiful face, and it's the first thing id get to see every day. I'd love to wake up and make you that awesome French toast recipe my dad has.But your parents didn't accept you. They cut your contact with me and all your friends and I have no way of knowing if you're even okay. Hopefully you'll find this on Reddit because you know who you are. Somehow, some way, you'll find this one day. Until we talk again, I'll wait for you as long as it takes. I love you. via /r/UnsentLetters https://ift.tt/2z8jjj6
No comments:
Post a Comment