Sunday, April 26, 2020

Has anyone tried making their own beer cheese?


I freaking love the locally made beer cheese you buy in the small 8 oz. tubs in like Liquor Barn.The thing is, when I search online, I don't trust any of the hits to be "true" beer cheese recipes. Not only that, all of them differ a LOT on the ingredients. One will say a small amount of an IPA. Another will say a whole bottle of a stout (for the same amount of cheese). One will say onions. One will say no onions. One will say dry mustard. One will say Dijon mustard.I know, obviously, they're all different because all beer cheese is different - but I'd like to try making my own - one that was super smooth, creamy, and had the actual consistency. Red State Beer Cheese is the best I've had lately - it's less thicker than others I've had but has an amazing flavor and consistency. Especially for burgers and hotdogs.Anyway - has anyone tried making their own? Is the core of making it pretty much just sharp cheddar and beer, then go crazy with whatever you like? Or is there another must-have ingredient? πŸΊπŸ§€ via /r/lexington https://ift.tt/3aMduYN

No comments:

Post a Comment