Wednesday, August 21, 2019

I've been having to go to the food pantry lately. I need help with meal ideas


My health has gotten bad enough I cant work. My boyfriend's income is all we have. We've been recently going to the food bank, and it's been really great, but I've been having a difficult time with recipes. Its different every time but here are some things that are always there...Pulled pork(no seasoning or sauce. Very salty though) taco meat(finely ground pork with a sauce that tastes like the taco seasoning you get at the store) Eggs in citric acid (the scrambled eggs in a half gallon carton) Sausage patties Different salads, usually pre packaged kale salads Apples Apple sauce Garbanzo beans Various breads, usually sliced wheat, rolls, or sourdough but always a couple randos Off brand plain cheerios Bran flakes Oranges Random boxes of pasta CeleryTheres always more things that change every week. This week they even had dog treats! This week we got all the things on the previous list but here's some more things we picked up this week....Zucchini Avocado Cheddar cheese Cherry tomatoes Romaine lettuce Baby carrots Dried oats Chocolate granola cereal A can of refried pinto beans Blueberries Raspberries 2 boxes of mac n cheese (not kraft) Snap peas RiceWe have a few extras of the meats and two one pound packages of ground Turkey. We've got some cans of black beans and a few vegetables. I'm just having a tough time coming up with recipes. Im used to picking out recipes before going to the store and getting food specifically for those recipes. Any one have some recommendations or tips? via /r/EatCheapAndHealthy https://ift.tt/2P9dufR

No comments:

Post a Comment