Saturday, April 18, 2020

Any other folks out there who LOVE to cook but also get scared? (+ a success story!)


Hello good people!I'm new to this sub, but it's already brought me so much comfort to know that I'm not alone in this world. I've brought up this phobia with my partner, and while he's so kind and understanding, we both know he doesn't really "get it." I'm so glad we have a place here, and here's to all our good health!I've never been a great cook, but over the past year I've gotten so much more confident in the kitchen. Baking bread, my favorite breakfast dishes, and making soups has become an exciting new hobby. I've found that knowing exactly how I cook everything is starting to help me out. I still stay away from eating at night, especially meats and heavy meals. Does anyone have any go-to meals/snacks for when you're feeling anxious, but know it's best for you to have something healthy to eat? My go-to is to just stay hungry, but I'm starting to think that may not be very good for me in the long run. Advice welcome :)I also want to share a success story! For years (I'm 26, for context), one of my biggest hurdles has been chicken. Thankfully it's never made me n* or v*, but the fear is so strong. I saw whole, free-range chickens at the grocery store at an amazing price. Too good to pass up. So I took it home, watched Ina Garten's roast chicken recipe, and made a DELICIOUS dinner! It was so juicy and flavorful (seriously, if you like chicken, look up her recipe). I started tearing up when I woke up the next morning, after a good night's sleep of no anxiety or n*. If you have a success story, I'd love to hear it too! Be well everyone <3 via /r/emetophobia https://www.reddit.com/r/emetophobia/comments/g3y15h/any_other_folks_out_there_who_love_to_cook_but/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment