Wednesday, March 28, 2018

I copy recipes by hand so my grandkids will have the chance to know how exciting it is to see something written by someone in the past.


I love getting recipes written by a relative. To me, it’s a loving connection to them, even if they’ve passed away, or if I never knew them at all. It’s always exciting to me to see something that my great grandmother made enough times that her ink wore a bit, with the page yellowed from age.Now, admittedly, many of these recipes come from across the internet rather than from friends and family, or my own invention (though I’m definitely working on the latter). I just think it would be less special for them to know that Grandma Keriae got most of her “famous” recipes from someone’s tumblr or whatever. via /r/confession https://ift.tt/2pOsVKf

No comments:

Post a Comment