Monday, November 5, 2018

Have I ruined my pot roast? Also how should I test if it's done?


So essentially I used this recipe. https://ift.tt/2RG9wI3 made it before but without Red Wine, as I didn't have any, so I used beef broth.Decided to make it again as last time it was a bit dry. (But good!) I remembered that I also bought Red Wine Vinegar a few days after the first. But I accidentally forgot that it's Red Wine Vinegar NOT Red Wine. I immediately noticed it when I poured the cup of RWV to deglaze and smelled my mistake..I didn't know what to do so I just left it and continued. Knowing I probably messed up. The beef chuck was a little over Five Pounds. After about Two and a Half Hours I checked the broth and it tasted too acidity. Decided to add a good lump of brown sugar to it. About the amount you can pack in a clenched fist.Tasted it and it was worse lol. So now I removed about a cup and a half of what was in the pot and poured about I'd say Two Cups of beef stock. Tasted it and it was better but still a "bit" of acidity. There is One Hour and Ten Minutes left from what I put and I don't know what I should do. Is there anything to make the acidity less? I mean it's not THAT bad but you can definitely taste it.ALSO, how should I check when the pot roast is done? I don't have a temperature stick either. Should I just cut a piece off and test the texture and test? THANK YOU! Sorry, Gordon Ramsey would be ashamed. :(​Edit: Grammar.​Edit: Pot Roast came out amazingly tender and good flavor. The carrots had more of a different/sour flavor but the broth was 'ok'. When added on the beef it gave it a bit more flavor. Although the broth didn't come out as I wanted it, the whole Pot Roast came out delicious. :) via /r/Cooking https://ift.tt/2PaQMUd

No comments:

Post a Comment