Thursday, November 15, 2018

How I prepare for making my favorite meal of the year


TL;DR: Dad over plans Thanksgiving meal, and shares a link to the plan on interwebsFirst and foremost, I LOVE thanksgiving meal. I love feeding my family and showing them how grateful I am for all of them in my life by filling thier bellies full of wonderful food.I try to do as much as I can from scratch, and this year I pushed myself further than I've gone previously. Some of the new things im taking onfermenting my own mustardmaking pastramimaking pie crustI attempted to start a sourdough mother for the baguette crisps for the charcuterie plate as well as the bread for the stuffing. But I'm not having success. I get a ton of great action day 1 and 2, then gradually it dies off. I need to spend more time on r/fermentation. But that's another story.In order for me to do all of this, work my day to day job and attend to all of my dad/house/spouse duties, I wanted to plan as much of this as I could. I don't want to be stressed on Thursday and want it to be a low key so I can socialize and enjoy the moment. Over the past few months I've been thinking, testing, researching and culling recipes.So, tonight, I put this together.In short:My menuGrocery listThe Days I need to get specific things done and an schedule to the half hour on Thursday.All my recipes and additional notes I have. I don't need all the recipes, but its nice to know they're there.I know its over the top but gives me peace of mind. I also thought if a someone other that me might find this interesting i thought it might be some of you. via /r/Cooking https://ift.tt/2OKP8Dz

No comments:

Post a Comment