
This past Sunday was busier than we had expected. Mid-rush a 9-top reservation got seated in my section. I was nervous at first because some coworkers recognized one of the customers, they played a supporting role in one of the first blockbuster Netflix originals. Some celebs are just regular people having dinner, but the ones that're a pain in the ass are really a pain in the ass. The latter attitude combined with the large party and unexpected rush would be a recipe for disaster.Luck was on my side that night, though! Despite various hiccups (drinks took a while, one man and I had a lot of trouble hearing each other and it took me forever to get his order, I had to run back to the table and verify one of the orders because I'm a mess and can't read my own goddamn handwriting sometimes) they were super chill the whole time and we had similar senses of humor and made each other laugh. The food came out with no mistakes and almost everyone left completely empty plates. They got dessert and loved it too.By the time they ordered dessert the restaurant was empty except maybe one other table. They asked when we closed and I assured them not for a while, even if it's empty we'd have to stay open a few more hours. They chilled for a while with coffee while my coworkers and I did the same in our little corner.My restaurant does an automatic 20% gratuity for parties over a certain number. We always explain that tip is included and they don't have to pay a cent over the grand total on the check, if you're paying by card all you have to do is sign the credit receipt, no adding to the total, etc. If anyone seems hesitant or asks, we're happy to adjust or remove it. The actor understood and paid with a card.They were super gracious as they left, gushing about the food and service (yay!), straight up being like "you guys did an amazing job". After everyone was gone I went to the table to collect the check.He tipped $100 extra when the total including the original gratuity was ~$475. Besides the money, which is awesome, it just felt so good! Thank you, dude!!! via /r/TalesFromYourServer https://ift.tt/2QOuKDz
No comments:
Post a Comment