Monday, November 5, 2018

Considering going back to the restaurant industry, and I don't know why.


Okay here's where I'm at, I'm 28, I've been unemployed an entire year due to some mentally crippling bullshit in my life, and it's all on me, no pity party. So I've considered weighing my options, and I've come to the conclusion that I've done well working in restaurants, it's fast paced, I can learn any of the recipes, methods really quickly. And it's really cliche to say, but, I enjoy cooking as much as my other hobbies. I don't like shitty managers, though, and I am known to bust my ass as a worker even when I had to do the dishpit thing, which I don't feel is beneath me. I literally have little experience as a prep cook on the books, though. I'm about to go restaurant hopping tomorrow and go do applications in person, trying to speak to managers and land an on the spot interview if possible, or just be fine with getting my paperwork in the door at least. I have a few questions I'd like to run by y'all and be as brutal as you want with honesty. I'm sorry if I asked too many questions, I'm just at a really rough spot in my life currently and need to act fast. I got a car, house with my SO, so I'm all good to get going. The title states I don't know why, and honestly I don't, all I know is I like cooking at least. So why not ask about it?​Okay so here's my questions:What types of restaurants would give me good experience, decent pay and guaranteed experience I'd need starting off?What's after a food prep or line cook?Should I pursue cooking classes or culinary school for a better job? If not, why?Should I buy my own knives?Is there anything you would tell yourself before you went into this industry mainly to cook knowing what you know now?​honestly, thank you if you even answer just one.​​ via /r/AskCulinary https://ift.tt/2QlKL3q

No comments:

Post a Comment