Monday, November 5, 2018

Removal of Esophageal Sphincter


Hi there! My father has been suffering for a long time now with esophageal achalasia. He had his sphincter removed surgically several years ago, but still struggles with eating (has to stand up, drink a lot of water, struggles with vomiting while he eats). He started eating more salads recently (which he says has been helping), but gets very bored. I finally thought of getting him a cookbook specific to his disorder (duh!), but the only one that I can find on Amazon Achalasia Diet Delights Cookbook: A Collection of Achalasia Diet Recipes is out of print. It is also not available in my local library. I can't find anything that isn't on Pinterest (which I've not looked at/my father wouldn't look at/seems burdensome) or where the links actually work (one of the top sites appears to be from the eighties and is dysfunctional)/etc. When I attended classes in my MS where this condition was discussed, nutrition wasn't a topic. Mainly, does anyone know of a currently published book that I can get my hands on for my father (simple recipes for a man who doesn't care to cook but really hates vomiting through every meal) or something that works that I can provide him a link to? Thanks for the help! via /r/achalasia https://ift.tt/2QkIy8z

No comments:

Post a Comment